Saturday, April 21, 2012

Twins For a Day

Jennifer and Kristin (L to R) are twins.
Fraternally- and sarcastically-speaking. They're near polar opposites, but they do share their special day, April 19. Can't you tell by their designating "another year of fabulous" sashes?
The celebration was weekend-long. Actually, I've been reminded of their impending b-day since the mid-end of March ;)
Thursday evening, we celebrated on their actual birthday with appetizers and drinks at Applebee's.
Geez! I look like a ghost next to the Tanning Bed Twins.
Oh, and of course I relished a treat from Georgetown Cupcakes, courtesy of Travis:
Last night, we celebrated at a legendary local martini bar and restaurant, Robin Alexander. 'Twas a wee bit pricey, but really really fun! I was glad Ian and Travis were able to join us, though they weren't as interested in martinis as they were in finding "the game" and the perfect craft beer. We were all guilty of sampling quite a bit.
 We all munched on the incredible spinach and artichoke dip, which came with a variety of dippers, and some of the best pico de gallo I've ever tasted.
 Source
I ordered the Tuscan Chicken with the Vegetable of the Day (a summer medley of zucchini, squash, broccoli, and red bell pepper), and I sampled Kristin's sweet potato fries. Mmmm!
 Nothing like having your eyes closed in a heinously awkward group photo...

Unfortunately, Jennifer's main squeeze, Logan, wasn't able to join us, but we helped make her night special with martinis like Cake Batter and the Fun Dip. Due to budgetary restraints, I carefully selected one martini: Pear It Up. It was so-so. We will be returning, and I'll sample others from their extensive selection. The whole restaurant had a very Richmond feel about it. Maybe that's why I felt so at home :)

I hope your Friday was fabulous, too!

2 comments:

Doni said...

You look so fabulous! Keep up the good work pretty lady!

Girl Emerging said...

Thanks, beautiful! Some of the pics came out better than others... Haha! But hey, I'm literally working my ass off, and that's the important part, right? ;)