Saturday, April 14, 2012

Endless Summer

This weekend has been pretty different from my usual exploits at Hampden-Sydney. Oh, well, with the exception of my token hangover.
I arrived Friday at 3:45 and hung out with Ian and a steady stream of visitors until Caroline arrived. After running a few errands and grabbing T-Bell for dinner, it was time for the slip-and-slide. Of course, no frattivity such as this is complete without a trip to the hospital for stitches, so that put a bit of a damper on things... for about 5 minutes. Unfortunately, the slip-and-slide lubed with dish soap was a wrap, but the camaraderie of Pledge Party was just beginning.
Tom's themed attire was less "endless summer" and more "female volleyball player"
Obviously, my attire wasn't theme-oriented, as I had planned...
This is the infamous professor, Dr. Herbert J. Sipe, Jr.

I don't know about you, but I much prefer bottled beer to canned beer, even though it's twice as expensive. I tried the new Bud Light Platinum, but I was a bit disappointed with how watered down it tasted. Luckily, I had Miller Lite to balance out the flavor.
The entire night was fantastic. Tom and I went 2-0 in beer pong, some of my ADPi sisters wandered in for a bit, I caught up with old friends and new friends, I mixed and mingled all night, and it was an incredible last frat "party" for Ian and me.

This morning, I was up and at 'em at the horrendous hour of 9:00. I needed to shower, get ready, and grab a small breakfast before heading back to school for Kristin's 31 party at 1:00. I wish I'd snapped photos of the delicious libations she prepared -- mini BBQ sandwiches, fresh fruit salad, a fresh veggie tray, cupcakes, sangria, pretzel snacks, tomato and bacon pastries, homemade cookies, and more -- but I was ravenous! I had never been to a 31 party before, but I definitely enjoyed myself. I especially loved her party favors:
A well-deserved nap was on the agenda, and for two glorious hours, I did nothing else. I made myself a late dinner when I finally arose, and I'm currently enjoying a cup of decaf and a movie. Normally, I'd be lonely and bored at my apartment on a Saturday night, but I'm zapped. I decided to call it an early night, watch a little TV, and lounge around here for the evening. I'm perfectly happy with the idea of a quiet evening, sleeping in tomorrow (with no alarm), and grocery shopping and working at my leisure.

I hope your weekend has been wonderful thus far :) What have you been up to? Do you generally prefer quieter or rowdier weekend activities, or a combo?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had quite the weekend! I think you forgot to mention the part about the super soakers. Personally, I like to have a big shebang day/night and then spend the rest of the weekend putzing around with friends and avoiding homework (Only 3 months left!)