Thursday, April 26, 2012

Celebratory Quiz

Today is a momentous day for Girl Emerging -- today marks 100 posts!!
Though I should probably impart some words of wisdom or some pithy health factoid, I'm going to share with you a bit more about me in quiz form, borrowed from Parita:

Coke or Pepsi? Neither! I don't do soda hardly ever anymore. Given the rare opportunity, regular Coke is a huge weakness of mine!

Lemonade or Fruit Punch? Mmm freshly-made or -squeezed lemonade any day.

Caramel Apple or Cotton Candy? Cotton candy, hands down. Reminds me of the State Fair of VA.

Butterfinger or Snicker's? Oooh, this is a toughie... I'll have to say Butterfinger. Especially in a Blizzard ;)

Pudding or Jell-O? I've never been much of a pudding person, but I could eat my weight in Jell-O!

Turkey or Chicken? From 2003 until the beginning of 2012, I was strictly a pescetarian with mostly vegetarian tendencies. Pre-2003, I preferred chicken over turkey; I always liked the dark turkey meat at Thanksgiving but light chicken meat. I suppose now my preference is chicken, though I don't know whether I've had turkey since the dietary switch.

American or Provolone Cheese? Neither -- Swiss for me! Gouda, if I'm in the mood for something a little more smokey and flavorful.

Cookies or Crackers? I could answer this question with a paragraph or two, but I think the short answer is cookies.

Pretzels or Chips? Chips, chips, chips!

Mexican food or Japanese food? Ohhh my, Mexican.

Chinese food or Italian food? I literally cannot choose between the two of these. Seriously. I mean, how many times have I mentioned how much I love P.F. Chang's and Olive Garden? Though both are very Americanized...

Pie or Cake? Generally, cake takes the cake.

Ice Cream or Cookies? I scream, you scream, I scream again for ice cream!

Pasta or Pizza? Hmmm... I think I have to go with pizza.

Soda or Juice? Another toughie... though I don't drink soda hardly ever anymore, I still love it. But, I do have a soft spot for fresh pineapple and orange juices.

Chocolate Bars or Chocolate Truffles? The fancier and more decadent, the better!

Apples or Bananas? Bananas are wayyy more versatile. Though they absolutely must still be 50% green.

Salad or Soup? Salad, all day, every day. I eat salad 4+ days a week, topped with lots and lots of veggies!

Cauliflower or Broccoli? Never in my life have I cared for cauliflower. I've always thought of it as "white broccoli," but I'm still not a fan.

Onion Rings or French Fries? Yet another toss-up. I suppose if I could only have one for the rest of my life, I'd choose... both. Okay, I guess fries.

Blizzard or McFlurry? DQ tends to have better toppings than Mickey D's, so I suppose that sways my vote. Honestly, though, the ice cream at McDonald's is better. I'd take Cake Batter froyo from Sweet Frog over either of these any old day ;)

Fried or Poached Eggs? I'm not sure if I've ever had poached eggs before... but I know I love a good fried egg. Don't forget the sauteed onions!

Crepes or Pancakes? I haven't had too many opportunities to try crepes, but they sure are tasty. In my experience, they also tend to be more moist (my apologies to those who despise this word) than pancakes. Crepes for me!

Hashbrowns or Roasted Potatoes? Hashbrowns on top of hashbrowns. How wrong is it if I admit McDonald's are my favorite? A heart attack would be so worth it.

Oatmeal or Cereal? Hands down, my vote is for cereal. I've been on a Kashi kick for months, and there's no end in sight!

Now that you know a bit more about me as a foodie, I hope you'll respond to some of these questions and let me know your preferences :) Enjoy your Thursday!

P.S. A bit of irony for you -- after yesterday's post, it somehow happened that I played all 7 of my WWF tiles in one maneuver three separate times yesterday alone! That's a feat to be reckoned with, if you ask me ;)

No comments: