Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenge Update #1

Well, let's see... Yesterday, during the first day of my self-challenge, I drank about 30 ounces of water plus 2 cups of coffee. Though coffee is obviously derived from water, I didn't count it. I came up 18 ounces short. Maybe I'll do better today. I didn't run this morning; instead, I focused on arms during my weight lifting sesh. (I even tried some new machines!) I don't have a faucet filter or a Brita, so I'm relying on water bottles (primarily SoBe Life Water and Vitamin Water), which are expensive and which I buy in a limited capacity. I probably should have thought this challenge through better, at least before I publicized it... Nevertheless, drinking 48 ounces of water per diem is possible, I'll just need to put more effort into the challenge.

I've been thinking about getting one of those water pitchers that filters water directly into 4 reusable bottles, which can be detached easily and are dishwasher-safe (two key components for me). What an easy and eco-friendly device! I first saw this contraption during a visit to my close friend Kristin's townhouse. I'd like one for myself, but I haven't invested the expense in one yet. Maybe it's just the tricks my mind plays on me, but I feel like filtered water tastes much better than water directly from the tap.

In other news, spring has sprung up my allergies.
Spring: Pros vs. Cons
Con: I've been sneezing like nobody's business for a week! I'm not stuffy or foggy-headed and I don't sound like Morgan Freeman with a speech impediment... yet.
Pro: I don't usually get bad allergy attacks, and I'm actually more prone to be affected by the changing seasons in the fall.
Con: My poor beautiful car, however, is covered in a heinous yellow dusting of pollen.
One pro of this time of year -- aside from the semester being over 4 weeks from today -- is the temperatures. The days are warm and sunny, and the nights are crisp and windy. Anyone who even remotely knows me knows that I loathe hot weather, but I have been enjoying wearing dresses to class.
The con to this pro is that I have to be mindful of how often I shave my legs. Sorry to rain on your parade, gentlemen -- the vast majority of us don't mess with it daily.
Con: Also, the wolf spiders which really might be half wolf and half arachnid guard the mailboxes much too closely for my comfort. I guess the bills, Easter cards, and junk advertisements will have to wait.

I'll be keeping you posted on the H2O Challenge. Happy Tuesday, blends :)

No comments: