Sunday, January 29, 2012

One More Lonely Girl

I wish that Ian had had a camera handy to capture the expression on my face after my first bite of Cucumber Dill Feta Greek yogurt dip and blue chips. I believe the words I was looking for were, "Blehhh!" I tried a few more anyway, just to be sure, and they weren't so bad. I think there were just a lot of new flavors to figure out. Dill can definitely overwhelm other flavors quickly. I haven't written either food off, and I'm sure I'll be snacking again soon. I did love the California Pizza Kitchen thin crust white pizza we splurged on for lunch:
One-third of such a delicacy is 290 cals, so the only reason I agreed was because it had tons of spinach (and thin crust is my favorite). I also enjoyed one of Chobani's new flavors, Blood Orange. It's not my favorite--no flavor can replace my beloved pomegranate--but it was new and different, which is my thing these days!

RANDOM -- I learned several "help yourself stop snacking" tips the other day from @OMGFacts via Twitter. For starters, eat from a plate or bowl rather than directly from the bag or container. That way, you can tell exactly how much you're consuming. Also, use your non-dominant hand to eat. You're less likely to mindlessly munch if you have to do things differently or think about what you're doing. Pretty cool, huh?
Getting down to business...
I always feel lonely on Sundays when guests leave. There they go, driving off back to their lives of busyness and activity, and here I still am, cleaning up and organizing and finding something fascinating to watch on TV. Passing time until 11:00 isn't always easy, especially when there isn't much I need to be doing. Since it's the beginning of a new semester, schoolwork is light, and I usually have little, if any, homework to complete between Friday afternoon and Monday afternoon. I did the laundry and the straightening up while Ian was still here, so come 3:00, we walked out the door together.
Today, I decided to spice things up by hitting the gym on a Sunday. I was stoked to don my tennis shoes and hit the treadmill to actually RUN! I hadn't run in 10 days, and I was definitely missing it. I did a quick 1.4 miles; my 5K training program calls for beginning with 15-minute runs, so I thought I'd "warm up" the day before officially beginning to test the waters with my knees and toe. I'm still a bit sore, but everything was A-okay! Boy, what a great feeling!

DISCLAIMER -- I'm doing my absolute best to be an honest healthy living blogger. That being said, I actually do enjoy running and working out. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I exercise because it's become a passion of mine, not because I feel obligated or guilt-tripped.

Well, it looks like I'll be one (slightly less) lonely girl this evening. Perhaps it's time to sit down with some pleasure reading, for once. I got two books for Christmas that I've been looking forward to beginning. Enjoy this gorgeous Sunday, blends!
P.S. When you splurge on pizza, how do you make it healthier? What are your favorite indulgent toppings?

No comments: