Friday, January 6, 2012

Holy 'Shroom!

Oh. My. Burger.
Ian, Momma (Ian's mom), and I went out to dinner at Red Robin, per my request. I was craving a burger, fries, and a milkshake.
I got all I could handle.
I ordered the Sauteed 'Shroom Burger (I subbed in a veggie burger) with Bottomless Steak Fries -- though I only ever eat the batch that comes with the burger -- and a peach milkshake. I was absolutely in heaven. Man, did that hit the spot.
Sautéed ’Shroom Burger
Be embarrassed for me when I tell you that I just figured out how to remove the date stamp from photos...
This meal definitely offset my breakfast of a mango Chobani and a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch -- my newest obsession. How amazing is this cereal?!
My previous cereal obsession, Kellogg's Crunchy Nut, is sure to be envious.

One of my nutrition goals for 2012 is working on portion control. Red Robin serves delightfully larger portions than I'd like to be eating these days, but I was hungry and in good company.
I find that restaurant meals as opposed to home-cooked meals are much harder to resist when it comes to large portions, high caloric content, and high fat content.
I'm almost always a sucker for dessert at restaurants, and I'm not above utilizing every possible birthday to wheedle free desserts. Judge me if you must.
Nothing beats good conversation, good food, and good people!

Tomorrow we are off to Roanoke College for a men's basketball game, RC versus Hampden-Sydney. Hence tonight's extra and perhaps tomorrow's lack of a post. From everything I've seen, one post per day is appropriate, but hey, it's my blog and I'll write if I want to!
Ta ta!

P.S. Do you find it hard to resist temptation at restaurants, or are you good about sticking to your diet or usual eating habits?

No comments: