Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Have a Secret

I've been keeping a secret from you all, and it's time that I reveal it publicly. Generally, it's not healthy to keep addictions hidden, as that's how people get hurt, but in this case I've been lucky thus far. I decided last night to just come out with it already. I'm completed hooked...
on Pretty Little Liars.
How the hell am I supposed to stop following the eerily secretive lives of Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily until I know who "A" is?!
The thing about my addiction -- which will undoubtedly make my sister laugh -- is that I got hooked on PLL, oh, you know, only two years or so after it premiered? She always asks me, "Have you heard this?" about songs that were released six months prior after one incident in which I asked her if she had ever heard a song that she swiftly informed me had debuted the year before. But, I digress.

I know you were desperately hoping I would share with you a little something about each character, and you're in luck! Fair warning: this may be a bit of a spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show (I've only just finished season one, episode 15 myself).
My favorite character is a toss-up between Hanna and Aria.
I love that Hanna tries to be family-oriented, even though she only has her devious mother. She easily wins Most Likely to Marry (fill in the blank). She reminds me a little of myself, though I haven't quite figured out why. Maybe it's that she ate 6 cupcakes in one sitting without shedding a tear...

Aria is the obvious choice for Chic Badass because she succeeded in making the sexiest English teacher alive fall in love with her and stay in a relationship with her during the school year. She's so mature and so right. It's refreshing. She reminds me of Selena Gomez a great deal.

If I'm being 100 percent honest, I don't much care for Alison. Her ridiculous euphemisms and her perpetual condescension annoy me. Also, sorry 'bout it, so does her middle part. Have they never heard of the side part in Rosewood...?

Spencer's wardrobe earns her the jealousy ticket from me, as well as Best Dressed and Best Athlete. In case you haven't deduced, I fancy myself a member of the yearbook committee at Rosewood High. Maybe I'm just playing out my unfulfilled dream of gracing the Superlatives page. Childhood can sure wreak havoc on a person, can't it, Sigmund?

Emily is cute and all, but that incessantly scared face of hers has got to gooo. I wish I could step in sometimes, take her by the shoulders, get in her face, and yell, "Stand up for yourself!" Props to you, Emily, for coming out so (unrealistically) simply and so cleanly.

Alright, that's all, folks. My long-windedness and my obsession(s) got the best of me, yet again.
So now I need to know -- any other Pretty Little Liars freakazoids out there?

No comments: