Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Color Me Rad

As you are probably already aware, I've been itching for another race since the Susan G. Komen 5k in Richmond last month.
So, I checked my trusty source for upcoming Virginia races.
Well, folks, I've found one that definitely interests me -- the Color Me Rad 5k in Richmond on July 21st! Seriously, how cool is this video?!
I know what you're thinking, because I'm thinking it too: running outside in July in Virginia...? I may have abandoned my mental faculties, but I am excited for this race! I didn't even have to rally the troops -- Dad was immediately on board, and Caroline had already discussed it with a group of her Alpha Sigma Alpha sisters because it benefits the Special Olympics, which is one of their chapter's philanthropies.
Win, win, win!

Now, all I have to do is find some sneakers I don't mind getting colored... Because it ain't gonna be these precious babies!
Disclaimer: I like to publicize things on my blog because written and made-known to-do lists are more likely to be completed or accomplished. That being said, there is no guarantee that this race will happen for me, but there's no harm in being excited or in creating a race calendar for the future! Plus, as Dad and I agreed, it's rewarding and encouraging to be able to work toward a concrete goal, especially if you have a training buddy. I have two! ;) I'm still working on Ian...

P.S. Have you ever participated in a Color Me Rad event or assisted with the Special Olympics? If so, tell me about it! As an undergrad Alpha Delta Pi, I became very familiar with philanthropy -- fancy the Ronald McDonald House, anyone?

P.P.S. Wink!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've found a soultion to the conflicting dates. Just come after the race. That way Ian can watch you and then you BOTH can come celebrate. They party will go into the night. Let me know what you think.