Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Few Things I'm Loving Right Now

These are in no particular order:

(1) Workaholics. Never gets old. Literally. Never. These guys and Jillian have me rolling. Their antics remind me of the things Ian and his guy friends get themselves into, like telling one of their friends freshman year that if you go deep enough underwater, you can breathe. What a hoot!
source
(2) Shredded lettuce. I can't seem to get enough of it. Previously, I was on a spinach kick, but I'm also loving the versatility of shredded Iceberg. For the past few weeks, I've been making what I call a "quinoa bowl" once or twice a week. It consists of a nice bed of shredded lettuce, a half-cup or so of hot quinoa, a dollop of fat-free sour cream, and a heaping spoonful or two of natural mild restaurant-style salsa. Mmm, mmm!
(3) Chia seeds, chia seeds, chia seeds! I've put these babies in Chobani, I've put them on my cereal, and I'm looking into baking uses for them. I love that they provide texture where it's needed most. And that they're little nutritional and dietary powerhouses! I'm not ashamed to say that I was even more excited than usual to visit the Chobani section in search of flavors I don't normally buy for adding chia seeds and my ahh-may-zing Whole Foods granola.
(4) Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I'm not the biggest fan of (what I would consider to be) their high calorie content, probably because I'm used to eating practically fat-free Kashi at 110 calories per cup. I adore cereals that are measured by the cup (QOS is one such cereal). Who eats less than that, anyway? I am loving the hint of brown sugar in every square, and I really love the texture! I brought a small baggie of cereal to class last night, intending to spread my Squares over the 3-hour class, but I couldn't stop munching! Tasty, wholesome, and filling is a winning combo in my book.
(5) Old, old, old friends. I caught up with a long-time friend, Dustin, last night via texting, whom I've known and been close to for a decade. And yet, I use the term "close" loosely, because the two of us have never met! He's in North Carolina, and I'm in Virginia. We became Internet pals -- in the most benign sense -- when I was in 8th grade, and we've kept in contact ever since. I was in need of a smile last night, and Dustin always has a warm word and a kind heart :)

Have a magnificent, fantastic, wonderful Tuesday, my blends! Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments: