Thursday, February 16, 2012

Survey Thursday

I borrowed this little gem from my friend Colleen's blog from a few weeks ago. Admittedly, I've encountered a case of stress with side effects of writer's block and anxiety. So as not to lose another day, here's a wee bit of info about yours truly:

(1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
I love, love, love to sleep in and feel guilt-free about it! I love to laze around for awhile, whip up a tasty homemade brunch, and start the day whenever I feel like it :)

(2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
In order, The Office, CSI: NY or Miami, Dance Moms, and Make It or Break It. I couldn't choose just three!

(3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
I suppose a bit of both. I don't feel like I'm especially photogenic, particularly in candid shots when I haven't had a chance to fix my sometimes wild mane or ensure that my eyes aren't squeezed shut! I've recently discovered how much I enjoy taking pictures of everything for the blog.

(4) Why do you blog?
I decided in December that because I enjoyed reading others' blogs so much and I enjoy exercising and making healthy eating choices, I would combine the two into a newfound passion!

(5) Share five websites that you visit regularly.
My two email accounts, Twitter, my blog site, YouTube, and Netflix. Probably in that order, too.

(6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list, who would it be?
I'd have lunch with the person who created the account for the Dos Equis guy. Those tweets never cease to make me laugh, especially as they become less and less realistic, and more and more silly. After all, he is the most interesting man in the world...

(7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
- Pomegranate Chobani
- KIND bars and Nature Valley bars
- Kashi cereal
- Diced strawberries or whole blueberries
- Ants on a log (you know, celery sticks topped with peanut butter and raisins)
- Chips and mild salsa
(8) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
My family pet, Nick, passed away in 2010, about a month before he would have turned 12. He was a pretty incredible guy, and definitely a member of our family. We'll very likely get another dog in the future for extra companionship, and I'd love it if we got another Golden Retriever -- you can't ask for a more beautiful, loyal dog with a sweeter disposition.
The Christmas Mouse
I also have a pet rock, Bernie. I picked him up at a little shop called The Wooden Heart in Farmville several years ago. He was too cute to resist:
(9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
My cell phone, my laptop, and my blanket that I've had for as long as I can remember. Hi, I'm A.K., I'm 23 and I still have a blankie. It would be just an old piece of cloth if it hadn't been a bedsheet at my Granny's house before she gave it to me. This thing used to be pink (and whole):
(10) What's your favorite drink?
I'm a big fan of a Tom Collins, a well-made gin and tonic, and a Sex With an Alligator.
I'll also take a shot of almost anything (once), and I adore Vitamin Water and SoBe Life Water. I also can't live without Starbuck's when I'm traveling. Bless you, caffeine.

(11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Do I enjoy cooking? Yes. Am I good at cooking? Not so much. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? I have a few recipes up my sleeve ;)

(12) Do you have children?
I sure don't. I'm not engaged or married. I don't plan on even thinking about having children until my future is much more set. Like, with a job, for example...

(13) What are your favorite hobbies?
Blogging is one of my new favorite hobbies. I've always enjoyed writing, and now I'm enjoying letting others read my stuff.
I'll always enjoy anything and everything with good friends and family. It doesn't matter what we're doing, as long as we're together.

(14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Allow these photos to speak for themselves.

(15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
I wouldn't. End o' story.

(16) Who is your favorite actor or actress?
I'm pretty partial to Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks, Channing Tatum (for his looks factor), Reese Witherspoon, and Meryl Streep.

(17) What's the coolest thing you've done this week?
I began Week Three of my 5K training program, which is pretty nifty, I guess. I've also done a fair amount of soul-searching, which we all need sometimes when we realize our lives might be passing us by if we don't slow down.

(18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
I live near my family, thank goodness. I'm a quick 2-hour drive away from my house when I'm at school. We don't get to see some members of my dad's side of the family very often because they live in different states. My mom's family is all in VA, pretty close together, so we don't mind being the ones traveling to see them. We have annual Christmas and July 4th celebrations, to which I always really look forward. My cousin, Taylor, is almost exactly 2 years younger than I am, and she and I have been close since she was born. Plus, she's in between Caroline's and my ages.
This photo was taken in 2007 at the reception after our Granny's funeral. It truly was a celebration, though -- my Granny lived to be almost 97 years old!
(19) List three of your talents.
I'd like to think I have a pretty great prankster side. I'd also like to think that I'm a good writer. Feel free to disagree, but it's a talent on which I've always prided myself. I also believe I have the ability to befriend almost anyone. Almost.

(20) What is your greatest attribute?
I'd rather not sound like a pompous ass, but I'm pretty proud of myself for generally being an honest soul. I think honesty can get you far in life, and it sure as hell will benefit me as a counselor.

P.S. Please feel free to use this survey! I'd love to see your responses to some or all of these questions :)


No comments: