Friday, February 24, 2012

Groceries, Recipes, Remedies, Oh My!

Basically, I had the yummiest lunch ever yesterday.
This baby consisted of a Black Bean Chipotle Gardenburger, baby spinach leaves, a juicy slice of tomato, a few slices of avocado, the creamiest garlic and chive hummus I've ever experienced, and feta crumbles atop a toasted whole wheat bagel. I adorned this beauty with blue corn tortilla chips and the new salsa I picked up (I'd rate it about a C+). I got the idea from one of my favorite healthy living bloggers, Brittany Dixon.

I was wayyy too excited about my Kroger grocery list, especially considering that I felt like someone ran over my throat with a lawn aerator, and then left a few of the spikes right above my eyebrows. Luckily, I'm not afraid to spend the big bucks on Hall's.
Hall-elujah! Get it? ;)
Let's start with a trip through ChobaniLand. I can't live without my Greek yogurt. Passion fruit and pomegranate have stolen my heart.
Quick stop in Fresh Veggieville -- I was ravenous by the time I got home, so I didn't bother to unwrap this tomato, avocado, or cuke. Plus my adorable Tomato Keeper was in the dishwasher:
Next stop, New Food Nook! I needed baby spinach leaves for yesterday's lunch, but I also knew I could make salads or wilt the leaves and add them to pasta dishes. I grabbed a Pom for shits and gigs. Delicious, but too expensive to buy regularly. I tried out the no-sugar blackberry flavor. It was a little bitter, but then again, my senses of smell and taste are out of whack.
On to Frozen Foods! Veggie bacon and burger crumbles are almost staples in my diet. I haven't typically been a fan of Gardenburgers, mostly because I'm perfectly fine with Boca soy protein patties that have a meatier flavor and texture, but I must say -- these are out of this world.
Up next, Granola Way. I was in desperate need of Clif and KIND bars. Fortunately, both were on sale!
Who could forget the ever-vital Accessory Avenue? I almost always add banana slices or some type of berry to my Kashi for some pizzazz. Feta is great for adding to omelettes or sandwiches. Pine nuts are one of my favorite salad additions; I discovered this love at Jason's deli.
A successful trip, if I do say so myself. And, almost everything was on sale :)

Moving on to dinner... I'm always hungry after exerting so much brain power in my Group Therapy class (Nerd Alert!), so I love to have something stewing in the Crock Pot. Homemade chili and a big salad never disappoint:
I polished these off with a mango Chobani for a sweet treat. Seriously... I can't get enough. The chili helped open my sinuses, but the dairy cravings aren't doing me any favors.

Last on my list of things to shout from the mountaintop is my newfound love for Workaholics. I'm always late on loving new shows, mostly because I don't have set times each week that I can dedicate to watching particular shows, except for trash like Jersey Shore that comes on at 10 p.m. Anyway, this show makes me LOL like no other show I know right now. If you get a laugh out of bad puns, underachievers, and ridiculousness, take a peek at episodes 1 and 2 and tell me what you think. Happy Friday!

P.S. What are your weekend plans? Do you have a show that you can't get enough of?

No comments: