Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Over the Moon for Skinny Cow

I've been pretty open about the fact that I don't often buy dessert-y or indulgent items for my apartment... because they'd all be gone within the hour. I'm serious. There's no chance that chocolate or Doritos could mellow for a day or two. Just because I love to find ways to eat well doesn't mean I don't sometimes crave Forbidden Foods.
 
Well, my blends, the dessert-less apartment era may be on its way out.
 
During our requisite grocery shopping trip our first evening at the lake, Mom and I were looking for some sweet treats. (Because, you know, the Famous Amos cookies and the Tupperware container of M&Ms weren't enough.) We stumbled across Skinny Cow miniatures in the ice cream section.
 
Now, let me just say, I don't often allow myself to venture into the ice cream section, because I go starry-eyed like a drooling kid in front of the the Cocoa-Choco-Peanut Butter-Fatty Crisps in the cereal aisle. I have to resist the strong, pulling, uncontrollable urge to stuff my pie hole with every rich ice cream in sight.
Okay, allow me to wipe my chin as I get back to my story...
 
So we compared various miniature ice creams' calorie, fat, and sugar contents. Skinny Cow came out the clear winner. At just 4 Weight Watchers points, I knew my sister would be pleased. At 150 calories, I was pleased! This ice cream is some of the creamiest, dreamiest, tastiest ice cream I have ever had. I'm not a big strawberry cheesecake girl, but the Skinny Cow variety wholeheartedly has my vote.
Move over, Obamney!
 
Yesterday afternoon, I wrote ice cream on my grocery list for the first time in probably literally a year. I was all too excited to get to the frozen foods section of Kroger to see which flavors they offered. I settled on Strawberry Cheesecake, Cookies 'n Cream, and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. And ya know what? I don't feel one bit guilty about having three containers of ice cream in my freezer.
The serving size is perfect, the texture is beyond, the flavor is incredible, and the benefits of knowing I can have dessert without feeling like a bloated whale are untold. Three cheers for Skinny Cow!
 
P.S. Have you tried Skinny Cow products? If so, which flavors do you recommend?
 
Disclaimer: All opinions and product endorsements are my own. I received no compensation, monetary or otherwise, for reviewing or promoting this product.

No comments: