Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just What I Needed

This weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered. Not literally.
Prepare for a full synopsis!
Friday, Ian and I dined at Buffalo Wild Wings. I tried the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich, and I subbed a side salad for fries (pats self on back). I was still craving a little something sweet afterward, so I ordered a scoop of vanilla ice cream from the kids menu. Mmm, mmm, mmm! Later on, we ventured down to one of Ian's best friend's dorm complex for some adult beverages, card games, and camaraderie. We even indulged in 2:00 a.m. Sheetz sandwiches. Oops!

Saturday, I relished the luxury of sleeping in, though Ian had to be up and at 'em before the sun awoke for an open house event for prospective students and their families. He rejoined me around 12:30, and we hit the gym. Hampden-Sydney has one of the most beautiful college gyms I've ever seen, though all I needed was a treadmill. Thankfully, there was hardly anyone else working out to see me huffing and puffing my way through my longest run yet -- 45 minutes! That ended up being almost 3.5 miles, which felt like a heart attack and light-headedness afterward, but which felt like pride and accomplishment later :) We grabbed lunch at T-Bell, and I tried the Soft Taco Supreme, which I haven't eaten since I was in middle school. Beef still isn't my thing in this whole meat experimentation process, but those tacos sure were tasty after such a difficult workout.

After a short nap, some March Madness, and a bit of Bo Burnham's stand-up routine, we showered and dressed for the evening. I tried the Tiger Inn's (HSC's student center and cafe) finest -- the tuna melt sandwich, onion petals, a Vitamin Water, and a Kit Kat bar. We spent Saturday night with our Friday night crowd. I may be 23, but Kings and $%#@ the Dealer have yet to get old, especially when paired with hilarious people. What a weekend!

This afternoon, we enjoyed the dining hall's brunch spread, which I always enjoy. I'm very much a creature of habit, so I always snag fresh-squeezed OJ, French roast coffee, low-fat granola with skim, an egg white omelette with veggies and cheese, fruit cocktail and cottage cheese, and a donut hole or three. Ian had a busy afternoon ahead, and I needed to get back to work on a project, so unfortunately we parted company around 3:00.

This weekend was just what I needed to clear my head, relax, spend time with close friends, try a new workout in a new place, and laugh until I couldn't breathe. I hope your weekend was equally as excellent :)

P.S. Tomorrow night, Make It or Break It returns full-force, and I could not be more excited! I've never been busier or more stressed with all that's due in the next few weeks, but I absolutely love this show!

No comments: