Monday, March 26, 2012

Finally!

It's official, ladies and gents -- Make It or Break It is back again!
Tonight's episode was every bit as thrilling and dramatic as I've been hoping it would be.
Payson, Lauren, and Kaylie are up to their usual teenage antics, gymnastics woes, and girly soblems (sobs + problems). There's no denying that I love this show. I'm obviously no athlete phenom myself, but hey, can't I be passionate about someone else's talent? Bad acting and ridiculous dialogue aside, it's an inspiring show.
Even though I'm not a gymnast, sometimes I feel as though my journey and theirs aren't so different. These girls have been in training since they were toddlers; I've been laboring through school since the same age, and I still have at least two years ahead of me. Focus is paramount in gymnastics; studying hard and smart is paramount in counselor education. These girls are keeping that age-old dream alive: if you work hard enough and believe in yourself, anything is possible. My stress about this semester's classes and workload can't rival competing for a spot on the Olympic team, but this isn't a competition. I'm simply inspired by seeing others pursue their dreams so wholeheartedly and with such vigor... even if it is a TV show!

My analogies may be ludicrous and corny, but sometimes watching a show like Make It or Break It is perfect for getting me out of my own head for a little while.
P.S. Do you have a favorite show? Does it relate to your life (or do you draw laughable connections between fictional characters and yourself like I do)?

No comments: