Monday, July 23, 2012

Ms. Bad-Ass (MBA)

This past weekend was busy and relaxed and lazy and pumped up all at once. Friday after work, I took a sinfully delicious nap and watched at least five episodes of Pretty Little Liars. It's my current guilty pleasure show. Then there were crab cakes for dinner -- enough said. 
Saturday, I was up and at 'em early for Lauren's MBA graduation party in Virginia Beach! Caroline and I road-tripped it down to celebrate for the evening.
The lady of the hour and the birthday boy!
 Frosting much, Perry?
 The epitome of lazy: couch cushion chillin'
Mac and Caroline (Reed)
The weather was crappy, but the taco and nacho bar was sensational, the beer was cold, the cake was chocolate, and a great time was had by all. I love catching up with college buddies, reconnecting with people I haven't seen in months, and meeting new people.
Sunday, we enjoyed reminiscing as we road-tripped home, and I didn't feel an ounce of guilt about my heavy breakfast. My McGriddles, hashbrowns, and iced coffee were sheer perfection, by the way.
My only regrets were that the weekend wasn't longer and that Ian wasn't able to join us and celebrate Lauren's success. Congratulations again, beautiful -- enjoy a bit of time off and the new and exciting changes you're making!!

Onward!
Tonight was Night No. 1 of clean eating for the Lew Crew. On tonight's menu were turkey burgers loaded with fresh veggies (we couldn't grill due to a surprise storm),
fresh sweet potato "chips,"
and "fried" green tomatoes.
I modified the week's menu a bit; I forgot that no one will really be around for a fifth dinner on Friday. Caroline and I are both going out of town this weekend -- I'll be in Roanoke visiting Ian! Also, my quinoa bowl idea has gotten the stink eye several times [from people who shall remain nameless].

P.S. My apologies that the blog updates have been ultra pathetic and few-and-far-between this month. I've been busy beyond belief, and to be one hundred percent with you, blogging just isn't what I want to do when I finally walk through the door after work or after a hectic weekend. Next month, I have exciting new things to share -- stayed tuned! :)

No comments: