Thursday, December 29, 2011

Girl Emerging

Hello, hello, and welcome to Girl Emerging! I'm Anne Kendall (or A.K., whichever you prefer), and I've decided to begin writing a blog as so many of my friends and family members have done. I'm glad you've stopped by, and I hope you like what you've seen so far.

I know that "Girl Emerging" probably sounds like a pretty strange title for a blog -- and believe me, I considered this as I was developing ideas. The thing is, there are a lot of ways I'm emerging: I've begun living entirely on my own for the first time (minus the whole paying-for-stuff-myself part); I've begun graduate school to earn my Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling; I'm an emerging fashionista (read: I try to pair outfits together that don't clash too horribly!); I'm an emerging chef (again read: I try to cook simple, delicious, reasonably healthy meals for myself and my occasional guests); and, I am quite proud to claim, I am an emerging runner! Please understand, I won't be running marathons any time soon, and I still refer to that &*$# machine as the "dreadmill," but I'm working on it! You also won't see me in the NY Times anytime soon for my courageous fashion efforts or my groundbreaking style, but I receive a compliment every now and again ;)

As you may or may not be able to tell, I've started several new chapters in my life, all in quick succession. I'm excited about the prospect of using a blog to help tell my story. I hope you'll stick around!

No comments: